One local restaurant that I always recommend to my guests at the Malaga Inn is the Royal Scam. It is truly one of the best restaurants in downtown Mobile. My guests always ask me what kind of restaurant it is and I always say that their eclectic menu makes it a little difficult to explain. They describe themselves as casual fine dining. You can order anything from burgers and fries to a really nice steak or rack of lamb. Their soup of the day is always good no matter what it is. They serve, as a side, this really delicious spicy mango salad. Roast duck panini, beef tenderloin, seared ahi tuna are just a few of the other items found on the menu. They have an extensive beer and wine list and a great atmosphere. The wait staff is always friendly and helpful. Royal Scam is actually the sister restaurant of Heroes Sports Bar and Grill which is also worth checking out. If you are planning a special celebration Royal Scam also takes advance reservations which you will want to make early as their weekends are usually packed to the gills. I can’t say enough good things about this place. It is a must next time you are in town.
Archive for the ‘Malaga Inn News’ Category
July 3rd, 2015 by malagainn
June 25th, 2015 by malagainn
- We are the best hotel in Downtown Mobile; obviously 😉
- We are a short drive (maybe five minutes) to the USS Alabama where the fireworks will be held. This year’s fireworks spectacular will begin with a red, white, and blue tribute to our Veterans and the finale will be a salute to the USS Alabama’s 50th anniversary. Gates open @ 5:00 and the fireworks start @9:00. Admin is $5 per car. Live Music provided by local band Emerge and begins @ 7:00. Bring your own blankets and seating but no food, grills, or alcoholic beverages are allowed. Sorry.
- We are family friendly. Bring the whole family. Our property offers adjoining rooms. Book two of these and have access to a large balcony. Our Adjoining rooms can accommodate up to four adults. Our corner courtyard rooms can accommodate four to eight adults. Our property is a small boutique so no matter where you are on property you can still be close with family and friends.
- We have a pool. It’s getting hot out there and it is just so nice to cool off and relax in our out door pool before the festivities.
- We have the greatest staff in the world. Just read our reviews on-line. Time and time again our staff is mentioned as going beyond the call of duty for our guests. Friendly, southern hospitality.
June 19th, 2015 by malagainn
We are happy to welcome the Distinguished Young Women to Mobile! Their 2015 event is being held at the Mobile Civic Center just across the street from the historic MalagaInn in downtown Mobile, Alabama. The Distinguished Young Women is an organization that opens opportunities to young women all over the country raising as much as $359 million in scholarship money. The organization was founded in Mobile in 1958 as the America’s Junior Miss Program but has roots dating back to the 1920’s when the Junior Mobile Chamber of Commerce known as the Jaycee’s began city wide “beautification” projects focusing on the abundance of azaleas we have in the port city. The organization officially changed it’s name to Distinguished Young Women in 2010.
Programs of Distinguished Young Women include Be Your Best Self which encourages children to excel in areas of civic duty, character, academia and reminds them not to give in to peer pressure; also encourages healthy living and ambition.
Participation is based on 5 categories: Scholastics, Interview, Talent, Fitness, Self-Expression. Once a participant has won at local level they then move on to state and then the nationals which is held at the Civic Center in beautiful downtown Mobile, Alabama.
June 1st, 2015 by malagainn
Hello there, I am sorry it’s been so long since we’ve posted anything. Sometimes when you are in the middle of renovating- you get so bogged down- there is really just nothing to report and I would hate to bore y’all. We have done so much work to the hotel in the past year, we are very proud/excited. We’ve renovated 29 of the 38 bathrooms, re-decorated the lobby, add brand new pillow top mattresses in every room, turned the gas lights in the courtyard back on. There are also some great new restaurants in downtown Mobile.Of course each of these things deserves it’s own post. I just wanted to say hello again from the Malaga Inn Downtown Mobile, Alabama!
October 10th, 2012 by malagainn
Bay Fest 2012 was a fabulous success. Tens of thousands poured into Downtown Mobile to hear the sounds of Willie Nelson, Pretty Lights, Micheal Franti and Al Green to name a few. On Saturday afternoon our guests enjoyed the beautiful weather and live music in the courtyard provided by local singer/songwriter Ryan Balthrop. Bay Fest is always the first weekend in October. We hope you will join us next year for Bay Fest 2013. Make your reservations early!