- We are the best hotel in Downtown Mobile; obviously 😉
- We are a short drive (maybe five minutes) to the USS Alabama where the fireworks will be held. This year’s fireworks spectacular will begin with a red, white, and blue tribute to our Veterans and the finale will be a salute to the USS Alabama’s 50th anniversary. Gates open @ 5:00 and the fireworks start @9:00. Admin is $5 per car. Live Music provided by local band Emerge and begins @ 7:00. Bring your own blankets and seating but no food, grills, or alcoholic beverages are allowed. Sorry.
- We are family friendly. Bring the whole family. Our property offers adjoining rooms. Book two of these and have access to a large balcony. Our Adjoining rooms can accommodate up to four adults. Our corner courtyard rooms can accommodate four to eight adults. Our property is a small boutique so no matter where you are on property you can still be close with family and friends.
- We have a pool. It’s getting hot out there and it is just so nice to cool off and relax in our out door pool before the festivities.
- We have the greatest staff in the world. Just read our reviews on-line. Time and time again our staff is mentioned as going beyond the call of duty for our guests. Friendly, southern hospitality.
We are happy to welcome the Distinguished Young Women to Mobile! Their 2015 event is being held at the Mobile Civic Center just across the street from the historic MalagaInn in downtown Mobile, Alabama. The Distinguished Young Women is an organization that opens opportunities to young women all over the country raising as much as $359 million in scholarship money. The organization was founded in Mobile in 1958 as the America’s Junior Miss Program but has roots dating back to the 1920’s when the Junior Mobile Chamber of Commerce known as the Jaycee’s began city wide “beautification” projects focusing on the abundance of azaleas we have in the port city. The organization officially changed it’s name to Distinguished Young Women in 2010.
Programs of Distinguished Young Women include Be Your Best Self which encourages children to excel in areas of civic duty, character, academia and reminds them not to give in to peer pressure; also encourages healthy living and ambition.
Participation is based on 5 categories: Scholastics, Interview, Talent, Fitness, Self-Expression. Once a participant has won at local level they then move on to state and then the nationals which is held at the Civic Center in beautiful downtown Mobile, Alabama.
Hello there, I am sorry it’s been so long since we’ve posted anything. Sometimes when you are in the middle of renovating- you get so bogged down- there is really just nothing to report and I would hate to bore y’all. We have done so much work to the hotel in the past year, we are very proud/excited. We’ve renovated 29 of the 38 bathrooms, re-decorated the lobby, add brand new pillow top mattresses in every room, turned the gas lights in the courtyard back on. There are also some great new restaurants in downtown Mobile.Of course each of these things deserves it’s own post. I just wanted to say hello again from the Malaga Inn Downtown Mobile, Alabama!
The Malaga Inn in Mobile, Alabama features beautiful settings that are perfect for your Mobile Alabama ceremony, wedding, reception or other special events. Our unique guest rooms and suites offer the sanctuary you want for your out-of-town guests.
Let us help you create your truly memorable occasion. Below you’ll find a few questions about your requirements to get us started. Submit your request and we will be in touch with you to begin planning.
From the Malaga Inn, venture over to the Farm to Table Dinner. Taste the fresh locally grown foods at the Farm to Table Dinner. This Four course dinner is prepared by local chefs Tuesday, September 25, 6 to 9 pm at the Jon Archer Agricultural Center in Mobile Alabama, 1070 Schillinger Rd. N. Mobile, AL.
The cost is $65 per person and Reservations are available until September 12th.
For more information: www.aces.edu/Mobile/mg Or call 251-574-8445