Step back in time to see what life was really like during WWII aboard the USS Alabama. Battleship Memorial Park presents Living History Crew Drills that will immerse you in a history that should never be forgotten!
Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama is a military history park and museum with a large collection of historic ships and planes. The facility is home to two National Historic Landmarks: the battleship USS Alabama and a historic submarine, the USS Drum.
The 175 acre park was opened in January 1965 as a home to the USS Alabama, which was due to be scrapped. A grass-roots campaign of Alabama residents raised enough money to have the USS Alabama preserved in Mobile Bay as a memorial to those who served in World War II. Thereafter, it was only natural to continue to add to the collection.
Despite the name, today the park contains much more than battleships, alone. Visitors are treated to a large collection of military gear, artillery, and vehicles. Battleship Memorial Park has artifacts from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard representing a variety of eras and conflicts.
Read the rest of this page »
Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama is a military history park and museum containing a collection of historic aircraft and ships including the iconic USS Alabama and the USS Drum – both of which are National Historic Landmarks.
At Mobile’s Battleship Memorial Park, you can explore the USS Alabama and the oldest American submarine on display in the world, the USS Drum.
Aboard the USS Alabama, you have access to 12 decks of this fascinating ship and can explore much of her, including climbing inside gun turrets, getting a feel for what it must be like to man a 12mm gun, and even get locked in the brig! (they’ll let you back out – honest)
Read the rest of this page »
- We are the best hotel in Downtown Mobile; obviously 😉
- We are a short drive (maybe five minutes) to the USS Alabama where the fireworks will be held. This year’s fireworks spectacular will begin with a red, white, and blue tribute to our Veterans and the finale will be a salute to the USS Alabama’s 50th anniversary. Gates open @ 5:00 and the fireworks start @9:00. Admin is $5 per car. Live Music provided by local band Emerge and begins @ 7:00. Bring your own blankets and seating but no food, grills, or alcoholic beverages are allowed. Sorry.
- We are family friendly. Bring the whole family. Our property offers adjoining rooms. Book two of these and have access to a large balcony. Our Adjoining rooms can accommodate up to four adults. Our corner courtyard rooms can accommodate four to eight adults. Our property is a small boutique so no matter where you are on property you can still be close with family and friends.
- We have a pool. It’s getting hot out there and it is just so nice to cool off and relax in our out door pool before the festivities.
- We have the greatest staff in the world. Just read our reviews on-line. Time and time again our staff is mentioned as going beyond the call of duty for our guests. Friendly, southern hospitality.